Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Cover up

In my new apartment my sewing space has down sized from a 10x12 room to 4x 4 space. And my sewing table is right in front of a window. I decided I needed a machine cover. (never mind that my machine came with a hard plastic cover) So I started to look around for patterns or ideas. and decided to just wing it and come up with something on my own. I went to my scrap box and found some star blocks I made for another project and then didn't use and some other bright fun fabrics and this is what I came up with .








I decided to make it different on each side so I could have a change if I wanted. I made 9 patches for this side and then the other side looks like this.












I like both sides and when I'm getting in my car and driving away or coming home I can see it out the window and it looks good.



Hope you have a great day.



Regena

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, my plastic machine covers sit in the back of the closet - they all have pretty ones made for them. I love the reverse option. Very nice.

Barb said...

I love your machine cover up....so clever and fun!

sewfunquilts said...

I love it. Great idea to make two different sides to it Looks happy!

Idaho Quilter said...

Good idea, great use of those orphan blocks.

Needled Mom said...

Love the curious kitties and the sewing machine cover is so cheery!