Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

$5 quilt

Have you ever gone to your local quilt shop and signed up for a "Block of the month" or a "$5 quilt class"? Well in Sept of 2007 a group of us decided it would be a fun thing to do. I think altogether there were about 12 of us that took the class. When my friends talked me into this class they showed me a picture of the quilt. It was a computer generated picture so it didn't really excite me that much so I said Hey! mom you want a quilt. Sure she said, I could go for that. OK you'll have to wait for a year. And then you can have it.
All is good right? :o] Not so fast--The first class we went to, I saw the model of the quilt and it was beautiful, I thought oh no, I think I might want to keep this when I'm done.

Now what do I do. :o]

No problem, (this is where being a "type A" is a good thing.) I decided to make two quilts at the same time. So I went to my stash and started to pull fabrics that would work for this project. I had all the fabrics I needed except for two. So of course I went to the fabric store and found just what I needed, now I'm ready to make two quilts at one time. Sounds easy right? Well I can tell you there were some months I asked myself what were you thinking? :o[ and then at other times I wished we could go faster. At the end of the class the instructor had patterns to finish the borders with stars or leaves. I decided to finish the borders a little different. On moms I put a rose bud vine on all four sides and scalloped the edges.


I think this quilt turned out great and my mom is happy too.



This one is my quilt I chose to just put applique on two corner's. Now that I'm done I have decided to sale this quilt ( will take any reasonable offer:o}) . If fact I put it out on my Etsy store today. I went over to Sheri's house (her Internet is faster then mine) and we put a few things out on the store. One of Sheri's quilts and two of mine as well as a few other items. Can I take a moment and tell you I enjoy Sheri as a friend, in many ways she reminds me of my sister. The funny thing is that we are so different Sheri is a type B -- musical and artistic and I am a tightly wound type A. But we were having fun and enjoyed a break from the rest of the rush of schedules.

OK so enough of this stuff. Tell me what you think. Do you like the quilts? Check out my Etsy and tell me what you think there as well.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Both of those quilts are simply wonderful. WOW!

Jodi Nelson said...

They're beautiful. ;o)

Karen said...

Wow! Just beautiful!