Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Turkey Tracks

I wanted to make a small wall hanging for the office for November. I went out looking for ideas, when I came across the Turkey Tracks block over at Pat Sloan's blog. I went looking for a pattern and found one -- I bought Sandy Gervais' pattern. When I got it I quickly found that it was a "jelly roll" pattern. I'm fresh out of jelly rolls. So I came up with my own. I went to my EQ and came up with a block (6 1/2" square). This is what my Turkey Tracks quilt looks like.



(If you like this quilt I made up a few kits and listed them on my Etsy.)

Well I still wanted a small wall hanging for the office so I went back to EQ and drew up a smaller block and this is what I came up with.





Now I want to show you the back of this wall hanging.





While I was out checking out some great blogs, I came across this great idea for hanging small quilts. Instead of a sleeve. You take a 5" square fold it in half diagonally and put it on the corner of the quilt and then put your binding on. Slip a dowel in the pockets and you're ready to hang your wall hanging. I picked this idea up from -- http://carolscraftblog.blogspot.com
pretty clever. Thanks your sharing Carol


Hope you have a great day. :o}

Regena

7 comments:

Barb said...

Love your turkey tracks....

Searchfamilies said...

Really nice i like this, how did you do it using the EQ program did you find a block that you used or draw it
Hugs Janice

Twisted Quilts said...

Love your turkey tracks. I don't think I have seen this pattern before.

Rachel said...

Very nice - definitely evokes 'Autumn'.

The hanger is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the tip on the wall hanging ... that is great! And your Turkey Tracks quilt ... it's adorable!!

Miss Jean said...

Absoltely great idea for hanging small quilts. Thanks for sharing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I like your tracks! Great.