Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Nine Patch Project

The other day I stopped to visit Karen @ Anna Lena and she had a post telling about the "Nine Patch Project" over at Karen Quilts .


The project is to make one -- nine patch block every day from the 1st of June to the 31st of August. If you do this you will have 92 blocks. In Sept. Karen will give some fun ideas on putting them together. Sounds interesting.


There are no rules other then completing 92 blocks -- You can do one a day, or make 92 blocks all at once.


So I sat down and started looking through my scrap box and before I knew it I had enough cut to make 16. :o} I made my first 16 in just a couple of hours. no big deal.


you can make the blocks any size you wish...
If you cut
1 1/2" square you will have a 3" block
2" square you will have a 4 1/2" block
2 1/2" square you will have a 6" block
3 1/2" square you will have a 9" block
4 1/2" square you will have a 12" block
I'm going with a 9" block so we will see where this project take me....
Hope you have a great day. :o}
Regena

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

I love nine patch. Thanks for this information.