Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scrapbooking Oh My!

Now this is something I haven't done in years. (at least 4 or 5) In fact I had to dust somethings off, it's been so long. My son's Eagle Court of Honor is just a few days away and one of the things we're doing is a memory table. I have his Cub Scout shirt and belt with all the "loops" and then we will have his "scout" scrapbook. The problem is I only had Cub Scout pages done and no Boy Scout pages. So I gathered the pictures and pulled out the stickers and paper. I surprised my self with a few surprises. One, back a few years ago I had the smarts to buy stickers and die cuts for Eagle stuff and Two, I made samples of borders and different treatments to put on pages. Boy that made the whole process go easier.
Now I remember the time and space it took to do scrapbooking. I guess I'm a one hobby girl. And I think I will stick with quilting. At least until more pages are needed for show and tell. :o} Have a good week everyone.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm going to a scrapbooking day on Saturday. It's something I rarely do, but I started a baby book for my daughter. Sometimes I wish I'd never gotten into scrapbooking - as you said, it takes up so much space (and time)and the supplies are expensive. I prefer sewing, but I'll pick away at this baby album.
Hope you had fun doing your boy's book.

Jodi Nelson said...

Congrats to the Eagle Scout! ;o) I just purged my studio off a ton of scrapbooking stuff that's going to my DIL. I too am a one hobby girl I think. And for as many years as I was on the SBing bandwagon, it completely stresses me out! LOL. ;o)

Sheri said...

I got rid of all my tole painting things years ago. Even Z type people have to purge!