Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's in the bag!

Each year my church makes 5 quilts for the Bishop's Storehouse. It is my assignment to make sure this happens. For the first 3 years I made the tops and then the women at church came together and tied them. Then in 2007 I became a part owner of a long arm, so in 2008 I decided to ask different women to make the tops and then I would quilt them on the long arm. That worked out well so I did the same thing for this year. So far two of the tops have been completed. One of the tops was done by Chikako H's #1 daughter (she needed a service project). When she completed the top she gave it to me in a brown bag. I brought it home and put it on the table. When I came back through the dinning room this is what I saw. Later that day my son said mom look at the picture I took. I told him yup that looks like the one I took. The next day when I came home my husband said I took a picture of Ferdie in the bag. I said yup that makes three :o}. It's all in the bag!.

Just as a side note when I get the 5 quilts quilted for the Bishop's Storehouse I will post them so you can see. So far they're turning out great.

4 comments:

RachelJane said...

Love the cat in the bag! Too cute. I can't wait to see the quilts all ready to go. It's neat to see what other people have made!

Karen said...

Great photo!

Carrie said...

LOL!

Chikako said...

It seems like she got an A from Ferdie!
I wish your cats can grade her first final tests at Sandy High School like that too.
We want A's!!